Advent Calendar Paper Pattern
This delightful and enduring symbol of the joys of Christmas makes the ideal slow stitching project for all levels of experience. This is a great opportunity to forage through your personal stash of fabric favourites and select treasured items that could do with a new life. Your only limit is your imagination, so let your Christmas spirit run free and embellish as much or as little as you like.
Instructions for the creation and embellishment of a 24 pocket fabric Advent Calendar.
• A piece of calico – approximately 41cm x 77cm (16” x 30”)
• A piece of linen – 60cm x WOF (2/3 yard)
• Coloured backing (ref green fabric in pic) – 107cm x 56cm (22” x 42”)
• Neutral Border (ref cream fabric in pic) – 45cm x WOF (18”)
• Binding – 40cm x WOF (16”)
• Wadding – 67cm x 117cm (26” x 46”)
• Backing Fabric – 67cm x 117cm (26” x 46”)
• A mixture of vintage and upcycled textiles in lightweight, natural fibres such as cotton and linen
• Ribbons, sequins, buttons, charms, lace, rick rack or other trims for embellishment
• A mixture of embroidery threads in colours that complement your fabrics.
• A rod or piece of dowel and some ribbon or string to hang your finished piece
• Sweets, treats, notes or small trinkets to put in each ‘pocket’
In stock (can be backordered)