Strawberry Thief Cushion Cover Pattern
A beautiful cushion design featuring the Strawberry Thief bird and needle design, originally inspired by William Morris’ iconic print of the same name. This pattern combines 2.5″ fabric squares and embroidery to create a delightful cushion, resulting in a beautiful statement piece to reflect your love of Liberty and the art of the stitch!
YOU WILL NEED
• 1 x 80pk of 2.5″ charm squares in Liberty Tana Lawn
• 40cm square of linen for stitching background
• 50cm square of linen for cushion backing
• 40cm square of pattern tracing paper or interfacing
• Embroidery floss – we’ve used the following Cottage Garden Threads:
– FULL COLOUR VERSION – 1 skein each of AK16 – Xavier, AK28 – Felix, AK5 – Delilah, AK12 – Prue, AK23 – Avery & AK14 – Marshal
– OUTLINED VERSION – 1 skein each of AK28 – Felix, AK16 – Xavier, AK5 – Delilah, AK14 – Marshal & AK23 – Avery
• Basic sewing machine supplies: sewing machine, thread, scissors
• Embroidery needles & hoop
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
• 50cm Round cushion insert
Pattern includes written + illustrated instructions for making your cushion cover plus a paper template for the embroidery design.
The instructions included are for both embroidery options; full colour and outlined.
In stock (can be backordered)